The following policies, practices and conditions are set forth to incorporate guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), and the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Knowing that eliminating all risk is impossible, DIGS Volleyball is committed to providing an environment that is as safe and healthy as reasonably possible for all coaches, athletes and families. To that end, we have developed the following Safety Procedures and Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continually monitor the COVID-19 pandemic; and as it evolves the below policies and procedures will be modified. Any changes to the policies and procedures will be sent in writing to all coaches and families.
By continuing with DIGS Volleyball for the remainder of the 2020-2021 season all adults and guardians of minors assume ALL risks associated with participation including but not limited to exposure to COVID-19. Exposure to COVID-19 can lead to temporary or permanent health consequences and death.
Club Directors, coaches, athletes and families are all responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of the policies and procedures in this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 and that requires full cooperation. DIGS Volleyball’s staff is charged with enforcing the policies and this plan during their scheduled training times.
All coaches, athletes and guardians will be required to sign the “Assumption of Risk and Liability Waiver” on page 2 of this document as assumption of risk, waiver of liability, understanding of, and agreement to comply with all aspects of the below Safety Procedures and Preparedness Plan. Any violations by athletes can result in revocation of facility usage privileges with no refunds given. Any violations by coaches can result in termination.
Facility Use and Social Distancing
- DIGS Volleyball court locations will NOT be open for public use.
- No parents, siblings, spectators or any additional individuals will be allowed in the building.
- All coaches and athletes are asked to utilize the restroom prior to arriving or after leaving the facility. Restroom use will be limited to hand-washing and “emergency” use only. (If you absolutely cannot wait until you get home to use the restroom it would be considered an emergency.)
- 30 minutes has been scheduled before and after each practice to allow for athlete/coach departure and cleaning.
Procedure for Pre-Arrival, Arrival and During and After Practice
- Coaches, athletes and families are required to watch the hand washing video (linked below) to ensure the proper process is implemented including turning off the water without potentially re-soiling hands.
Hand Washing Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seA1wbXUQTs
- It is recommended that families take the temperature of their athlete and ensure they are not displaying any unusual breathing difficulties nor other symptoms of COVID-19 prior to leaving home to limit the potential of an athlete being turned away upon arrival.
- Coaches and athletes will be allowed entrance into DIGS Volleyball 5-minutes prior to their scheduled session; absolutely NO earlier.
- All coaches and athletes are required to wear masks into the building and into the gym.
- Coaches and athletes entering DIGS Volleyball will be required to leave all extra items including bags, purses, additional clothes, shoes and all other personal items locked in their car.
- Wash hands before entering the gym In the absence of hand-washing, athletes should utilize hand sanitizer.
- FILL your water bottles at home.
- Keep water bottles separated from other players bottles against the wall.
- All volleyballs will be disinfected before each practice.
- Ball carts will be disinfected before each practice.
- No handshakes, high fives, fist bumps, nor other physical interaction.
- All huddles and coaching will occur with a minimum of 6’ of distance between all athletes and coaches.
- At the conclusion of practice all coaches and athletes will be directed to wash hands and arms. In the absence of hand-washing, athletes should utilize hand sanitizer.
- All athletes will exit the facility though the same door they entered.
Screening and Policies for ANYONE exhibiting Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- All coaches, athletes and families are required to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- All individuals entering the facility will be required to be cold/flu/COVID-19 symptom free to enter.
- If anyone is displaying any symptoms, they must be kept home.
- If, upon their arrival or during their training time they display any symptoms they will be asked to be picked up by their parents immediately.
- Athletes that could have come into contact with the athlete displaying signs of illness will immediately wash their hands and arms and resume training.
- Should anyone participating with DIGS Volleyball, coach or athlete, be diagnosed with COVID-19, they should immediately contact DIGS Volleyball’s Club Directors and follow proper healthcare procedures as laid out by their health care professional, including isolation if they are asked to do so by their doctor or by any State’s Department of Health.
Attendance records of individual athletes at DIGS Volleyball will be kept and provided to health authorities upon request to allow for contact tracing should it be necessary. Upon official request, parent contact information will be provided.
Upon arrival to the facility, all individuals, coaches and athletes, are required to wash their hands and arms for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before practice begins and again at the conclusion of practice. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility and specifically on each court.
Just a reminder of basic respiratory etiquette while attending activities directed by DIGS Volleyball. Masks should be worn into the gym. It is recommended, if you cough or sneeze, you sneeze into your elbow. Avoid touching your face, in particular mouth, nose and eyes, with your hands. Dispose of tissues in the trash and wash or disinfect hands immediately afterward.
Housekeeping practices are being implemented, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces, training equipment, and practice areas, including restrooms and meeting rooms. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted in high-touch areas. We will disinfect all volleyballs before each practice.
We will disinfect all ball charts and volleyball equipment before each practice.
Communication and Training:
This COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Preparedness Plan was communicated to all coaches and necessary training was provided. Additional communication and training will be ongoing, and updates provided to all coaches, and where necessary relayed to all athletes and families.
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
**You are required to sign the Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability. This MUST BE on file for athletes to tryout.
DIGS Volleyball (hereafter referred to as the “Club”) has put in place numerous preventative measures and enhanced cleaning protocols to reduce the likelihood of spreading COVID-19 in Club’s gym environment; however, the Club cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending sponsored activities at the Club could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily agree to the participation terms described above and assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Club may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Club Directors, Coaches, Athletes and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the Club or participation in Club programming (“Claims”).
On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Club activity.